View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
Papaloo

Re: '71ish K10 restoration

The truck has been pretty easy to tear apart. The PO installed a lot of new bolts... He also missed installing a lot of bolts, between the two it has come apart pretty fast. The hard part has been finding and digging through all the bondo. The truck looked very good to start with, but there was considerable badness hidden under the surface. I can see now that I pretty much got screwed when I bought this truck. I don't know if all of the badness I have found was through incompentence or intent of the previous owner (or some combination thereof), but all I can do now is try to keep smiling and thinking of what it will be when I finish.

Today I bought a "new" roof to install on my project. I plan on cutting off the roof and welding on the new one so I can be free of the terrible, leaky sunroof.

I'll need to do quite a bit of work on the floor. The new rockers panels have not been welded to the floor boards.

I didn't grab any pictures of it, but the reinforcing bump in the floor that the seatbelts bolt into has numerous large dents and rusted out areas. Looking at the overall condition of the floor, I think the best thing to do will be to just purchace a new floor pan. I noticed on the Goodmark website that it has two listings for the floor pans. One is with and the other is without the under braces. Does anyone know what the braces are? Are they the cabmounts and reinforcing plates for the seatbelts?

http://www.goodmarkindustries.com/mo...make=Chevrolet Truck&model=C/K Pickup&parts=500-599
Papaloo is offline   Reply With Quote