View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #106
nrb's70gmc

Re: HEI Ignition Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasian View Post
how far did you dig into the carb to check for the internal fuel filter? my 650cfm has the screen inside that was clogged up and also had clogged up the tube between the bowls might be a good idea to tear it down a bit and clean it up check the internals and such depending on how it looked when you checked for the filter?

also i think just encase i would change the plugs sounds like there are some other cheaper shorties that way at least you won't end up speading a ton of money and time when its something so simple and im sure it won't mind new plugs anyway
well i unscrewed the inlet nut/fitting and pulled it out ther was no filter as far as i could see.

my old carburator had one right behind the fuel inlet on the carb but i cant remember what carb that was (maybe stock) thats why i thought it was odd that this edelbrock does not have one.
1970 2wd 3/4 ton- 2004 crate 350 thorley tri-y headers-edelbrock performer eps manifold 600cfm performer carb, crane cams energizer cam,lifters, dual 2.5 magnaflows, mallory HEI, powermaster 140 amp altenator, griffen aluminum radiator.(8 MPG)
nrb's70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote