View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 09:11 PM   #111
72chevyk10
I built it

Re: HEI Ignition Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrb's70gmc View Post
hay man i need all the info i can get--but the thing is my truck has ran fine untill a week ago--like i said when i first had this problem i pulled the cap and saw that the cap was chipped/burned ware the carbon brush goes though the bottom so i replaced it-- that was the only phyisical problem i could find--i test drove it--it ran pretty good for a total of about 1 hour off and on (running around town) then it started doing the same thing as before...

i have been running this same engine set up sence 2004 (besides basic maitnece,

i really think my timimg is shot to H3LL because my dizzy is not even parallel like it has been sence i had shop put it in (the 3 wire plug is at almost a 45D angle facing the cab

and my plug wires are custom cut to fit when its sitting parallel
the truck wont think about starting when i set it parallel
hmm.. well mine is kinda doing the same thing. a few weeks ago i noticed it had a miss to it and it just got worse and now its basicly undriveable. mine is runing really rough. is that basicly what yours is doing? do you have a tach on yours? mine varys at idle by about 200-400rpm and actually does the same thing at any rpm... i have my timing set at about 14* at idle which is where it was before it started doing what its doing now.

and this may be a dumb question by me but what is "setting the dizzy parrallel"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I think the best and cheapest performance mod is to have someone that knows what the hell they are doing perform a tuneup on said vehicle.

Last edited by 72chevyk10; 04-06-2010 at 09:12 PM.
72chevyk10 is offline   Reply With Quote