View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #112
nrb's70gmc

Re: HEI Ignition Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72chevyk10 View Post
hmm.. well mine is kinda doing the same thing. a few weeks ago i noticed it had a miss to it and it just got worse and now its basicly undriveable. mine is runing really rough. is that basicly what yours is doing? do you have a tach on yours? mine varys at idle by about 200-400rpm and actually does the same thing at any rpm... i have my timing set at about 14* at idle which is where it was before it started doing what its doing now.

and this may be a dumb question by me but what is "setting the dizzy parrallel"?
setting the dizzy parrallel just means that was how my dist would always sit at (the mallory sticker would be parallel with the cab)

now when i set it parallel it wont even start

it seems to me that my truck is doing simular things as yours the motor just has a sick sound to it (idleing or in gear)

the only way i can explain it is you know when your sick and you get flem in your neck and you clear your thoat---thats what my trucks exhaust pipes sound like now..

the rpm does move a little but i dont have a tach
1970 2wd 3/4 ton- 2004 crate 350 thorley tri-y headers-edelbrock performer eps manifold 600cfm performer carb, crane cams energizer cam,lifters, dual 2.5 magnaflows, mallory HEI, powermaster 140 amp altenator, griffen aluminum radiator.(8 MPG)

Last edited by nrb's70gmc; 04-06-2010 at 09:31 PM.
nrb's70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote