View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 10:32 PM   #20
Papaloo

Re: '71ish K10 restoration

Big Mike, if you could find that link to the cab in Lancaster, that'd be fantastic. The shortbed won't help much, since I really like having a long bed I'm still not sure about the cab though. I really started this project so I could learn about body work. I just wasn't expecting things to be as messed up as they are. It wasn't until I removed the carpeting that I started to see some of the bad. When I then wire wheeled parts of the floor I found lots of bondo and knew then that I was really in trouble. I go back and forth between wanting to buy a new floor, replace that and the roof and rebuild it and buying a new cab (if I can find a good one). I decided to replace the whole roof as opposed to reskinning because of the hole cut through for the very leaky sunroof. I hate aftermarket sunroofs.

As for the rear end, it's a 3.73 open carrier. I'll keep the same ratio, but I want to put in a posi unit. How do people feel about the Trick Flow heads? In my browsing, I've seen some mixed reviews in regards to them, though I'm not sure how much that would apply to all companies since so much is dependent on the interaction of all the parts and not just on any one part.
Papaloo is offline   Reply With Quote