View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 12:27 AM   #176
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: My whole braking system - thinking out loud

I'll put your name on a set, and get them over to the powder coaters tomorrow. I'll send you a PM to work out payment details.

As for the proportioning valve, some guys are using the stock disc/drum one with success, others use the disc/drum with an adjustable in the rear line, and others run only an adjustable in the rear line. There is also the disc/disc proportioning valves. I would say it will somewhat depend on which calipers you use. If you're going with the Wilwood dual D52's, they recommend using the 1.5" dia piston models in the rear with the 2"up front to help maintain some of the braking bias. So I guess decide which calipers you are going to use and then we can go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterbug View Post
I guess since i have read this very interseting post everyday since it was started by chuck, that means i have turned my wants into needs. captain fab sign me up for a set of the brackets powdercoated in satin black please. i am currently working on my braking system now anyways, do you know what prop. valve i will need, i have to replace mine anyways.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote