View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 12:53 AM   #27
BlueJeep

Re: My version of the s10 swap

Thanks! Wiring is coming up here really soon.

OK for my updates. I'd been putting off doing the front body mounts partly because I was still trying to decide how I wanted to do them and partly because I was dreading getting all the front sheetmetal lined up correctly. I wanted to do the mounts differently than any of the other ones I've seen. I believe, like on Jeeps, the original radiator support was mounted near the middle to allow for frame flex, and to not have the frame flex translate into front clip fatigue/cracking. Since I now have an s10 frame and it won't flex like the original one...I wanted more of a modern-esque radiator support. I also wanted to use bushings to mount it, rather than hard mounted like most others.

After quite a bit of staring at it and thinking...here's what I came up with:

What I really like about how I did this, is that I made the mounts adjustable and they also have a captured nut. I can move the mounts around in a circle to make sure the clip is square and aligned properly, and only need a wrench on the top side. Later I'll go back and cap everything off and finish it out, it's just assembled now so I can keep working on other things.

I'll make little boxes in the corners of the inner fenders where I cut them out too, to keep road grime from ending up on top of these mounts.

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote