View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 02:03 PM   #16
mr48chev

Re: 48 gmc 5 window how much is too much

I'd honestly say that the only reason I would even consider buying that one is for the title. There just isn't enough truck there to make it worth more than the 200 that several suggested and like many said, 100 of that is because it has a title.

There is what would have been a $500+ bare 52/53 five window cab for sale locally that had the roof sawed off in a messed up attempt at a chop. No rust to speak of no dents in the body except one in the roof and original paint on all of it 150.00 but you have to weld it back together.

I just bought two big AD truck cab and chassis for 100 and had to cut one up and hauled the cab home on my boat trailer and will tow the other one home next week. That one will become a half ton flatbed with the 350/350 that is in my 71 in it and I am considering just shortening the frame instead of swapping frames. Simply because it may be a lot easier to tell the dmv that I swapped axles under the truck to much lighter axles to make a pickup out of it and want to reduce the weight rating. Trucks are out there that are in a lot better shape than that one, you just have to hunt them out but I'd still buy it for the title if he came down far enough on the price.

Last edited by mr48chev; 04-25-2010 at 02:04 PM.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote