View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 11:25 PM   #95
sparkydog

Re: Halfbreed - GMC Z71 + IH Extd Cab

Next it was time to dive under the bed and check for interferences. First stop was in the very back where I wanted to see just how close the GMC frame rails came to the back of the rear skirt of the IH bed. I knew is was going to be close (but that I cleared OK) and there it was - just as if I had planned it.

In the photo the dark colored stuff is the GMC frame and the lighter rusty stuff is the bottom of the IH bed. The holes in the frame are where the bumper brackets and receiver hitch bolt in.

Next stop was farther forward where the shortest height IH bed cross rib was. This was the rib I was trying to lay down on the top of the GMC frame rails. As you can see in the pic I have about 1/2 to 3/4 clearance.

All the way forward was the highest point on the GMC frame - the cross brace where the gas tank hangs. This was where the IH bed floor was riding on. So I will have to shave the top off that cross member.

Lastly was an interference with the pass side shock mount bracket. I will have to extend my notch in one of the IH cross ribs in order to clear this.

ALL in ALL NOT.... TOO.... BAD!!!

I will try to knock out these corrections during the evenings after work this week. The the bed will be as far down as I can get it and time to line up the cab and floor with the bed.
Attached Images

sparkydog is offline   Reply With Quote