View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 11:39 PM   #26
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: Bkndsdls' 64 Build - 9+ years strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkndsdl View Post
Thanks, Alan! I've spent the last month reading your thread, absolutely awesome and very much a motivator. I have many questions that will be coming your way as soon as I start the bodywork, hope you don't mind.........My real Grandpa was a body man in lower Louisiana. My Mom knows a bit about it too, because he had all the kids helping out, especially the sanding! He passed away before I was born, but my Uncles kinda took up the trade; I wish I lived in Louisiana still so I had someone to teach me hands-on.
Does you uncle have any tools he could hand down to you? Stuff that he doesn't use anymore. I bet your Grandpa had some cool tools that you can't buy anywhere. Back then they had to make the special tools to get the job done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkndsdl View Post
Bought me a new toy in preparation of sheet metal work last weekend; I got a sheetmetal nibbler from Harbor Freight. I tried it on a piece of scrap; works good, but boy does it use a lot of air.

Next thing I'll be buying is an angle grinder (thanks Alan, Heath, Dennis). Man, the cab better get here soon or I'll not be able to buy patch panels with all the new toys!