View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #105
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

Thumbs up Re: Most dangerous tool in your shop and why!!!!!!

While in high school auto shop class in 1985 ,with everyone standing by offering how to properly mount a car on the floor hoist,with too many voices, i had no sooner put my thumb under the end of the arm to flip up a part of the lift and the lift dropped down on my thumb it seemed to take for ever to get it up......off to the hospital they squished it very painfully into a thicker type of thumb again......went threw a few colours of flesh and nails before it was better.

Surprised no one has mentioned drive on ramps,in 1989 i had an 79 austin mini,fine for it ,but i lent them to a neighbour to work on his 81 camero in our underground parking garage ,he came up after a couple of hours asked for a couple of tools,chatted said i would go back down with him......only to find the rear 1/4 smashed in , back window smashed, car on the ground into a cement wall beside him,it had gone over sideways off the ramps.Mike said he was under there till he came back upstairs,we both felt he was lucky that day,i duno if i would use the home made wooden ones i've seen on here either .

i don't need to lift my 4x4 to work on it,but still put axle stands under it

then on my list is grinders and welders,and the idiots that can't use em

Last edited by motornut; 05-06-2010 at 09:02 PM.
motornut is offline   Reply With Quote