Thread: To Blast or???
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #15
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Re: To Blast or???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
I've heard all these warnings about warping sheet metal and I'm going to be asking a LOT of questions before I commit to someone. I've got Kabwe's referral to a guy and two other guys through people I trust too, so I should be able to find 1 of 3 that knows how to do sheet metal and will do it reasonably priced.
Well I've been getting my cars blasted for years and never had a issue so I can speak on that. The place I go does cars all over California its most of their business so they can't go around messing up peoples cars or they will be out of business. They use a very fine sand that looks like powder its so fine. Also I use SPI epoxy primer and they will not honor the warranty if you soda blast the metal. Soda blasting leaves a residue that does not help adhesion. I can only go by my experience and I have had zero problems with media blasting.

Dan here is an link to an article that was done on the place I recommended, read it you may like it. It was one of the reason I chose them because I don't know anybody that put time, love and money in the cars like the lowrider crowd.lol The chrome alone could buy a house in some states.lol
http://www.lowridermagazine.com/tech...ing/index.html

Last edited by Kabwe; 07-30-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote