View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 08:29 AM   #4
Todd68Chevy

Re: Ok Guys I Need Some Electrical Help On 67 Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatacwhat View Post
also when i turn my turn signal switch both right and left my gauges go kookoo. my fuel gauge will drops to empty and my oil pressure gauge starts going haywire as will as my battery gauge starts doing crazy twitches.

any help would be great. ive check for bad grounds and crossed wires just cant find problem. just thought maybe someone else has had same problem and knows solution thanks
Is this a 1967 with a factory gauge cluster?? If so I thought all the oil press. gauges were mechanical and should not be effected by the turn signals. If it is an electrical gauge then it could be related to the eleictrical problem. Like '68OrangeSunshine stated it could be in the switch but to me it sounds like a ground problem. Have you tried grounding the cluster? Remember the battery grounds to the engine and the electrical grounds to the body so make sure you have a good ground between the body and engine. If the ground at the item is good it still can not make it back to the battery if any other connections are bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine View Post
'67s are different from the rest of the herd, in that the normal operation is parking lights on-- headlights off... headlights on -- parking lights off.
I did not know what year they changed it but I had a 1949 GMC that was normal for the front parking lights to go out when the headlights were turned on. I also worked on a 1964 Chevy truck that did the same thing. Back then they thought if the headlights were on the parking light were not needed.

I currently own: 1940 Chevy Fire truck (project), 1946 Chevy truck (project), 1946 Chevy 1 Ton pick up, 1953 Chevy school bus (storage area), 1968 Chevy C10 (I have drove for 26 years), 1994 Chevy C2500 (daily driver), 2005 GMC crew cab K2500 (parts hauler) and more trucks for parts.
Todd68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote