View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 06:02 PM   #152
RckyMntnKng

Re: My Build Thread (year+) on 71 Jimmy 4x4

Man got behind on my pic taking, but will try to catch up now...

Ok so i rewired the entire truck, and when I say entire I mean every single switch and wire there is, including the blinkers and hazard in the column right down to the spark plug wires.

The Autowire kit has you widen your fuse-box hole to fit the new bigger panel - and then everything after that is running lines to the correct spot, trimming to length and putting on the clips or sockets. Its pretty easy as far as the directions and proper components being included and all labled in the kit are really impressive I thought.

I went ahead and wrapped everything in loom / zip ties so nothing could rub which took me several days of work to finish. I even color coded the looms so battery/alt/starter connections are in red for hot lol. Of course the wires themselves are correctly colored already for the year - but makes it faster to figure out which loom to open if you ever need to - who knows

That connection hanging right under the column you see is nothing but extra Ignition / Batt / Acces connections for your other goodies. there is also about a dozen extra fuse block spots if you need more. Love it
Attached Images

Last edited by RckyMntnKng; 06-07-2010 at 06:56 PM.
RckyMntnKng is offline   Reply With Quote