View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #168
RckyMntnKng

Re: My Build Thread (year+) on 71 Jimmy 4x4

Much appreciated!

I guess you could call the cage "custom" as I am the only rig in the world with this exact one.

It started as a standard 8pt cage from "All4FunOffroad" - the gentlemen who owns the place is known as "BroncoBob" - He does alot of bronco cages obviously - but also has Jimmy/Blazer/Ram styles. He is very helpfull and I sent him some mods that I wanted. He has the file in CADD and made changes on the fly with where I had asked for different bend areas and lengths. Then you get a pallet on your doorstep with each piece of tube, all bent up and labled, and you weld it together yourself and bolt it down.

I made the rear hoop bend to allow the side toolboxs to open and still tilt forward as much as possible. the middle hoop got widened and set back so the seats could recline. The wheel-well kicker was moved to the front of instead of trunk area like his pictures show...and I raised the rear hoop 2" and the center hoop 1" to give it a small rake.

Im sure he has the file for me still if you want to borrow or have him send you any of the pieces pre-bent.

The website is: http://www.broncobob.com/
If you go to that and hit the roll cage link towards the right and scroll down you will see the blazer cages.

Last edited by RckyMntnKng; 06-15-2010 at 10:49 AM.
RckyMntnKng is offline   Reply With Quote