View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 12:16 AM   #12
AirSpeed

Re: 12in sub Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70sbchevy View Post
I never though of that Airspeed, might have to do that if I can't get them to fit. I'm going to move the gas tank out of the cab and put a 69 camaro tank in the rear. Already did some measuring behind the seat and it looks like there going to fit, but its going to be close.
I have a pair of ten inch subs under the seat of my 69 C-10 and had to do the same thing, The drivers required more volume than I had room for so I cut a matching hole in the rear baffle for the magnet and made the cabinets wider in both dimensions, I had to put the mag through the rear baffle to make room under the seat. They sound excellent and have been there for 8 years so far. I have done this in several cars, I was even able to fit some 12" subs under the seats of a Triumph TR7, the guy wanted some boom and wouldnt buy smaller drivers. If you havent already bought any drivers check out a website called "Partsexpress" has some nice low profile subs under their house name "Dayton", if you look at their website under "Dayton subs" you will find them. If you want to build excellent sounding cabinets that will give you the most out of your drivers, download a program called "Winisd", it is an excellent program and is easy to learn, you simply enter the parameters of the driver and it does the rest, it gives you the predicted response of any type of enclosure you want, you can see the the freq response of each alignment will be before you build it. It's a lot easier than it sounds and it really makes a big difference in the finished product! Good luck either way!
AirSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote