View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 12:57 AM   #173
RckyMntnKng

Re: My Build Thread (year+) on 71 Jimmy 4x4

Appreciate all the comments guys! Loving the Truck and polishing up on some "detais"

Thought It would be nice to know what my vitals are running, only thing working on my stock gauges were the Speedo which was now off a bunch with the tires, and my fuel....

Decided to go with the Dolphin Gauges - All electric with Programmable speedo, tach, oil, fuel, volts, water and all the senders.

Works like a dream! And My speedo is correct and I can make it correct again anytime I change tire size or gears in the future - Shaweet. Simple plug and play on the Tach with my HEI and Autowire's kit. Couldnt be easier to install.....well the fuel float contraption and oil pressure sender was kinda a Beotch but well worth the trouble.

More finish work on the wiring was adding two more Cig plugs for the rear occupants and I rewired the Door switches to green toggles (rather than door pin ground switch) so everyone gets there own switch and LED bulbs. Plus can turn them all on with the headlight switch.

Also put a couple lights in the trunk area and brought my video cable for the backup camera into the rear bumper area. Waiting to figure out my spare tire carrier / hi-lift / gas can set up first before I punch the 1-1/8" hole
Attached Images

Last edited by RckyMntnKng; 06-30-2010 at 12:59 AM.
RckyMntnKng is offline   Reply With Quote