View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #31
dropd80s

Re: Anyone else done with Oriley Auto parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG V View Post
well its clear that everyone has problems with oreillys.

i have worked in parts my entire working career, ive owned 2 shop's of my own that sold parts. when you have a cool shop the customers come in and for the most part kiss your ass because they want a bro deal. when you work retail at any or all the parts houses kragen oreillys auto zone napa ect ect just remember every other customer these "krappy parts guys" deal with thinks there owed something and on top of that the customers are usually pissed about having to spend money on there car. so after 1 hour of dealing with 25 pissed off people then one of you walk in, its hard to put on the smiling face. Make friends with these "crappy" sales guys i think you would be suprised how far they will go for you or for that matter give you the catalog you need to find the part you want. i have a crappy sales guy at every parts house for 25 miles ive given a starbucks card to or bought the store pizza on a saturday. if you want good service be a good customer, these guys dont know there head from a hole in the ground but i always get what i need the first time. Next time your in a parts house tell the kid behind the counter your in no hurry and just be nice i think it will pay off in 10 fold and further more if you know where the part is in the store go get it yourself, dont make a scene and get the manager involved explain to the parts guy how the part your buying works if he doesnt know and when its all done shake his hand, hand him your money dont drop it on the table in front of him.I think everyone should work retail for at least a year because there are alot of jerks out there. how many of you have intentionally made a crappy parts guy look bad at his work no wonder you are not getting good service.

word for the wise if you buy cheap parts you get what you pay for.
Screw that. I work every day in sales, not automotive, but sales. No one brings me pizza in order for me to have a good attitude about dealing with my customers. It’s my job. Catering to someone with bad business ethics only makes things worse. Every time I run into some SOB at any of the parts stores mentioned with a bad attitude I tell them, If you don’t want to come to work, do us all a favor and stay home. If you don't like the customers you deal with, quit. It's not my fault I expect decent service. I go to the parts store knowing exactly what I need and how to find it, with good intentions and a smile on my face and usually still leave the store without my part. Your best bet is to seek out the mom & pop stores that are left. They are all ways helpful, knowledgeable, good on price and generally have what you need in stock. Their business is their reputation. I would not advise taking the asshat at autozone a Starbucks gift card to congratulate him on his failure to function in his position. Gimme a break.
dropd80s is offline   Reply With Quote