View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #32
joe231

Re: Anyone else done with Oriley Auto parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropd80s View Post
Screw that. I work every day in sales, not automotive, but sales. No one brings me pizza in order for me to have a good attitude about dealing with my customers. It’s my job. Catering to someone with bad business ethics only makes things worse. Every time I run into some SOB at any of the parts stores mentioned with a bad attitude I tell them, If you don’t want to come to work, do us all a favor and stay home. If you don't like the customers you deal with, quit. It's not my fault I expect decent service. I go to the parts store knowing exactly what I need and how to find it, with good intentions and a smile on my face and usually still leave the store without my part. Your best bet is to seek out the mom & pop stores that are left. They are all ways helpful, knowledgeable, good on price and generally have what you need in stock. Their business is their reputation. I would not advise taking the asshat at autozone a Starbucks gift card to congratulate him on his failure to function in his position. Gimme a break.
Word!!

One reason I use autozone is their website.
I'm comfortable navigating it, there are pics of the parts and usually good specs with key dimensions. Not to mention there is also a whole section with vehicle specific info and diagrams.
I truely hate napa and oriellys web sites.
Advance isn't bad, but I don't have one close to my house...