View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 05:01 AM   #313
Rollie396
someday it will be done!

Re: 1980 chevy long bed!

lookin good!Great to see younger guys taking an interest in a project like this.I will warn you though that that intake is a single plane and will kill the low end power of your 327.If you're planning on building a real screamer then it will probably suit it,but on a stock engine it may be kinda disappointing.Check out the numbers on weiands site and you will most likely see that the rpm range of that intake is from around 2500-7000.Now compare that to a dual plane intake and it will be from 1500-6500ish.I guess it depends on what you are using the truck for,but for a fairly stock daily driver I would be looking for a decent dual plane intake and save the single plane for the firebreathing smallblock you will be building in the future.JMHO.
BTW I love the shifter idea!Especially the handwritten shift pattern insert.kudos
'66 long step (parked till it's turn comes around)
'65 short step (parts truck that will donate it's bed and possibly frame to the '66)
'06 Grand Prix wife's car (she hardly lets me touch it)
my pics
Rollie396 is offline   Reply With Quote