View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
bikes&bowties

1984 K10 build....

To start off I am 16. I got the truck a bit over a year ago just before my 15th birthday.. I let it sit for 6 months and started working on it in December. not a lot of pictures but some...

what it looked like when i got it and then pulling it into the shop

It had the original 305/700r4/np208 which was basically shot... My dad found a van for $500 bucks with a solid crate 350 and th350... Sold some stuff from the van and got a good drivetrain with accessories for $400 bucks..

the night we pulled it in the shop at 9pm when we bought it... pulled it all apart and got it ready to pull the engine. we were in there till about 1am or so... the next night we got started pulling the engine at about 8 and were in there till 2 or 3 am on a school/work night... we got the motor and trans out though so thats all that matters.. Next time i will be taking a loader and lifting the body off a few inches.... anyone who says pulling a motor from a van is simple has never done it....

then the motor sat while i ordered some parts...

I had my 4 inch lift kit sitting around so i put that on... i would have done 6inch but i couldnt justify the extra costs...

then came pulling the drive train out of the k10...

so here is what the 350 looked like after I got some parts... (all for on sale and ebay of course)

then since the grill/headlight bezels were shot. I got a aftermarket one off ebay and some 85 headlight bezels and painted them satin black (flats ugly and gloss would have been to much IMO I still want to get a 60's "chevrolet" emblem for the grill... you can get em on ebay cheap

after
bikes&bowties is offline   Reply With Quote