View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 05:20 PM   #7
67gmcstepside

Re: 67 Frankenstien build

Well painted sanded and buffed the doors today, came out good. Burned through an inch of the door edge so a quick touch up is in order.

Bought front and back axels from a 72 blazer yesterday. 3:08 gearing which I liked. I was planning to mount the cab this weekend but realized the new rear cab mounts bolt holes do not line up with the originals holes in the frame. I threw away the rusted originals so I need to figure out if I can use two of the existing holes and drill the other two or I will neeed to drill four new ones. Bought the cab mount from suicide doors. I'll call then Monday to see the they shipped me the wrong cab mount set or not.

Found out I made a big mistake when I taped the color line under the rear window. I thought the cab trim would go right under the slight cab bump out but after searching on cab trim I see that the trim starts under the window drip trim. I am down about 3 inchs. Another lesson learned. So its either repaint the back of the cab or leave it and send the cab trim back to LMC. Hmmm, What to do.

Last edited by 67gmcstepside; 07-10-2010 at 06:01 PM.
67gmcstepside is offline   Reply With Quote