View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 03:34 AM   #293
Rack Man

Re: "FRAME OFF" Has Begun - Wish Me Luck! - Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERBSIX View Post
This is probably an inappropriate question, but how much did the entire vintage air setup set you back?

The 78 Silverado I purchased has been retrofitted with the newer AC system, but it is definitely showing wear and tear, plus the VC system takes up a LOT less space...

So if you don't mind, I would greatly appreciate knowing.

Also, I echo cable666guy's statement that this might be the first truck build on this forum I've seen completed...
If I rememeber correctly, I think it was about $1,200.....kinda spendy, but it is a very nice system...and their customer service was top notch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERBSIX View Post
I just took the time to read every post.

Looking at the final pictures just doesn't do what happened to this truck justice.

No one (except who has read this thread or watched you step-by-step) who sees this truck will ever appreciate the craftsmanship, attention to detail and amount of work that went into this beauty.

By far one of the prettiest trucks I've seen. Hands down.
Thanks Man...I really appreciate that comment.....The trucks not perfect, but it is the best that I could do with the knowledge and resources I had available....I had never done anything like this before, so everything was a learning experience.....Luckily, I had this forum and couple buddies who helped guide me through a lot of it....

RM