View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
N2BOOST

PROJECT: 1950 Chevy 3/4T 4x4... new member

First of all I wanted to say hi to everyone and though I have not posted yet, I have read alot on here and viewed alot of very nice projects.

On to my truck... I have heard about this truck for over 20 years and had never seen it even though I live in a small town (2500-3000 people). A guy well known around here to make cool stuff then put everything in storage had it and I just so happen to see him one day and asked if he had anything for sale. He responded to come out and take a look at 12 or so of his creations and when I came across the 50' I couldn't pass it up.

Few Details:
1950 3/4T body with 1.5T hood and fenders
1971 HD 3/4T chassis
Dana 44 up front 4:10
NP 205 T-CASE
Eaton HO52 huge rearend
Mild built BBC 454
TH350 trans
Custom coolant reservoir below the radiator to keep it cool

I will keep this thread up to date, however I work out of town alot so time is scarce. Next thing I want to do is all new rotors, bearings, etc. Then paint after I decide what color as you will see in the pics below I have done a few samples.

As I bought it

After the GM 9.75x16.5's with 33's

Interior (BTW he has a temp gauge for everything involving fluids including trans)

Right Side - Really dont like the red but the blue is what I really like

I like this picture it looks like a pulling truck LOL

Left Side - Not sure if I like the darker blue or lighter blue

Now the color everyone wants me to paint it. I like it but I rather use the Chevy red/orange color so it's not so bright

Thanks for looking,

Jason

Last edited by N2BOOST; 08-01-2010 at 09:42 AM.
N2BOOST is offline   Reply With Quote