View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #8
hotrod1
56 - autocross

Re: 56 pro touring build

Hey Kim57

We have looked in depth at suspensions. There are so many to choose from. TCI, Heidts, Progressive, Corvette, No Limit, Fatman, etc. They were all good and each has its advantages, but we wanted something that was going to handle better than most. We looked at who was winning the auto crosses truck division and we found that No Limit was on top. Their engineering was a little different than most. They use a Camaro spindle and they are beefer for a stronger application for trucks. In fact, it is just for trucks. The lower a arm not only connects to the cross member that is included in the kit but the back part of the arm connects to the frame as well. Makes a little bit more sense to me. Less torsion on that arm. The modified 4 link uses arms that are 30" long and they are more stout than most as well. We are going with coil over to enhance performance. When you call NO LIMIT and ask technical questions, you will most likely get to speak to Rob the owner. Nice guy and he knows his stuff. Going to pick up the stuff this week.

Either Wilwood or Baer brakes. 6 or 4 piston front, 4 piston in the rear.

Ford 9 inch with limited slip.

As for power, I have a friend (dont we all) that builds LSx or third gen performance engines for a living. He told me that he can build horsepower CHEAP. I am leaving this decision up to him. He told me to count on 450 to 600 HP and whatever for a trans. We will have to wait and see.

Last edited by hotrod1; 02-26-2011 at 06:05 PM. Reason: mistake
hotrod1 is offline   Reply With Quote