View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 12:49 AM   #2
Mtrhd329

Re: need info on 5.3 swap

You are going to need motor mount plates. I got my from transdapt i think they were 9542 there are two and i cant remember the difference but one wont work so double check you are getting the right one.

If you are going from carb to efi you "should" use a tank with baffles. Although not needed if you keep the tank over 1/4 full. You can use a fuel pump on your stock sending unit to get the 58 psi you will need for the 5.3l I think the part number is ep241 Its for a 95-98? vortec i think. For fuel lines you can get by with auto parts house "fuel injection" rubber fuel lines with two "fuel injection" clamps at each connection. Trust me you need the fuel injection hose for the psi rating and two clamps that are not worm style.

transmission mount unbolts and slides forward or back depending on which mounts and then rebolts. Driveshaft might have to be modified make sure you have about 5/8 of travel in the slip joint or you WILL send your pinion into your carrier and destroy your rear end. dont worry it will make a loud noise and spray gear lube on your back window right before it does so you can get in the slow lane on the highway.

For the wiring harness you can buy them from many different companies online. Be wary of ebay vendors that modify. You could check out lt1swap.com i got all of my diagrams from the and modified my harness to work.

with the exhaust i had to rotate the stock manifold collector about 30 degress and reweld it so i didnt have to cut or notch my frame.

DBW if a very nice setup and i like it very much but if you dont have it i think that you can use a OBS throttle cable from your pedal to the motor.

If you have any questions let me know i have just figured all of this out the hard way.

So are you having to keep all of your emissions components? It can be done and still pass smog and visual inspection!!!!
Mtrhd329 is offline   Reply With Quote