View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 04:53 AM   #75
andyh1956

Re: Who wears a wedding ring while working in the garage?

i have been married for 36 years & have never wore one. i don't even OWN one. or necklace, or cufflinks, or watches or any jewelry at all. i wear my dog tags on my boot laces over here & not around my neck & my c.a.c. in my pocket. now for a story. in 1972 at the welding school at the local j.c. (that was before there were 'vo techs') i was taking my 7018 overhead test & my welding instructor was watching me from behind with his gloved hands behind his back. a spark from my puddle went over his back & right down into his left glove & welded itself to his wedding ring. a large comotion was taking place behind me while i was patiently welding along & when i got done my instructor was nowhere to be found. my classmates told me he set into running in circles & jumping at the same time & ran out the door. found out later he ran out & dunked his hand in the ditch beside the driveway. it ALMOST ruined his finger, and he wore an impressive bandage for the rest of the semester. oh yeah, he made me test over again while watching from a SAFER distance.
andy
andyh1956 is offline   Reply With Quote