View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 08:45 PM   #6
arkracing
Weekend Warrior

Re: 92 Sierra ECSB - Pics included

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1016 View Post
Parked on level ground, what is the distance from the ground to the lip of your front fender, measured at the middle of the wheel opening?

I'm guessing you have lowering spindles up front, and maybe cut coils/heated coils/aftermarket lowering coils on top of that. If that's the case, you could keep the spindles and swap in stock coils; that would take you back up some without going all the way up.

But IMHO the stance is pretty sweet as-is. If the ride is rough, it's probably because a PO took a shortcut somewhere -- it probably needs drop shocks, for starters.

Edit: Also, I can't believe how clean that truck is inside. Great buy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg G View Post
Nice builder !!!!!

That looks more like a 2/2 drop to me that's via coils or spindles up front and shackles in the rear.

Here's my 95 ECSB with DJM's 4/6 Lowering Kit and 15" Sport Wheels w/225-75-15's. Note the room between the fender lips and top of the tire.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I did a little more investigation. The front has Drop Springs only - no spindles, and it appears that the shocks are stock and that is probably why I'm not getting any "bounce" in the front end. The front springs are Belltech's and are part number = 4452-001. Summit doesn't give good descriptions all thier options say 1"-2" drop, but I found on another website they might be 3" drop springs.

I typed the P# in to Belltech and they come up superceded #23452 and are 2"-3" drop for the C2500 LD (6-lug) suspensions.

The rear has A/M front hangers and the drop shackles in the rear with stock shocks and the stock leaf springs.

I have a set of stock front springs, but if I put those in I'll have to raise the rear as well. I guess I could just see about getting the drop shocks for the front.
-'69 Chevy C30 Mason Dump

-'33Ford P/U 396ChevyPowered

Last edited by arkracing; 08-10-2010 at 08:52 PM.
arkracing is offline   Reply With Quote