View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 02:25 PM   #320
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideto100 View Post
hgs_notes, it looks like I got really close to you on one day we went from Redwood Falls to St. Peter (pretty easy day only about 70 miles and fairly flat). We basically followed the Minnesota River till about New Ulm, so it looks like maybe ten miles north of you.
Yep, county road 29. 70 easy miles huh? I think anything beyond 2 would start to be the end of my endurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestWardWinds View Post
I have enjoyed your thread and have learned some things as well thanks.
Glad to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Great progress on the truck! Thanks for sharing all the pics too!
Thanks, when I'm not getting much work done, I can at least share in some of the things distracting me.

Took a day off today to finish up the driver side. The biggest problem I've been having is that the filler is hardening way too fast in this heat. I tried cutting back on the amount of hardener, which helped. Very frustrating mixing it up and only having time to lay it on a couple spots and then toss the leftovers. Anyway, that part is done. And I sprayed the bottom side of the radiator support. I have to sand my hood and spray some epoxy on it, and finish the tailgate. Then pull the engine and old radiator support so I can get to the firewall better. Baby steps my friends.

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote