View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
bullington
All around good guy

Bullington Family Trip 2010

This past week we took our 1971 GMC Suburban on our annual trip from Seattle Washington to Lake Wallowa Oregon. My wife's 82 year old grandmother grew up in the town of Wallowa during the 1930s and 1940s. For the first time in many trips to the lake, LaVerne wanted to show us her old stomping grounds. Here are a few pictures from our trip.

1971 GMC K10 Suburban
OEM 350 V8
SM465
3.73 Gears
235/75/15 Tires

Total Miles: 881
MPG: 12.6

Max Speed: 81mph
Avg Speed: 54.6

Highest Elevation:4565
Lowest Elevation:466

The whole family ready to go. The wife, daughter and two sons.

The Yakima Valley. Lots of hops and grapes are grown here.

Both of my boys zonked out and missing the flora and fauna of the Yakima Valley.

Crossing into Oregon near Umatilla Oregon. Columbia River in the distance.

Here is a random picture of the dash. The vintage Tach was all over the place during the trip.

Once in Pendleton Oregon we added the in-laws and grandma. Here is my father in-law taking the Suburban home. We just had Big Johns world famous taco pizza. If you ever make it Pendleton...get this pizza!

I love Eastern Oregon. Here is a shot just outside of La Grande (e is silent). Taken with my phone using a funky filter.

Nearing Elgin Oregon on the way to Wallowa Lake

Making our way down into the valley area.

When we reached the town of Wallowa LaVerne guided us to where she grew up. Here is the school she went to in the 1930s and 1940s. It has been turned into a house..but you can make out what it once was.
bullington is offline   Reply With Quote