View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #266
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1956cameo View Post
This is definately one of the more interesting build threads I have seen on here! I have actually been following it for quite a while and decided it was time to subscribe. I am glad to see that there are other people on here that have the energy to take on a REAL project. One that truly brings a vehicle back from the scrap heap. Keep the reports coming, I can't wait to see more.
Thanks for the encouragement. I know a lot of people follow this thread, but I don't get many comments.

I just ordered a set of poly leaf spring bushings, real cheap at $14. The pic even shows shackles included, just need to buy bolts. The bad news is it was on back order, even though it shows a shipping date of tuesday everywhere you look except for when the order was completed. So that may be a couple weeks, I don't know for sure. I think the net lift doing the shackle flip is about 4" and should only cost me about $20 total.

I also ordered an exhaust kit for $165 w/out mufflers. I have a good pair of mufflers though. I've also contacted teeitup about the gas tank and rear frame horns and a couple other doo-dads on a 72 blazer he just got in. Maybe I'll hear back from him in the next day or so.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote