View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
jocko

Tandem Lock indicator no more - now it's a Parking Brake light

Good afternoon gents - just a quick update on the "dash project"...
In the link below, I mentioned I was gonna rig up something for the parking brake.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=418702

Well, here it is. Used the "tandem lock" indicator location in the dash and fab'ed up (ok, don't laugh at my welding prowess on the bracket) a little bracket to mount an additional brake light switch - except lined up with the parking brake. Anyway, here's the final product. Have it adjusted so that if parking brake is on at all, with the key on, I get the "Park Brake" light. Seems to have worked out ok.

Measurements of the bracket: 1.5" on center for the 3 holes. The bracket is welded then the vertical portion (where the switch mounts) is bent back about 5 degrees to line up with the parking brake mechanism. If I were to do it over - I'd move the vertical part of the bracket a little closer to the parking brake mechanism for some more fine tuning ability (you'll note I have no nut on the other side of the switch, just a ground down thin washer - almost ran out of adjustability - but, hey, it worked). Most important measurement is the vertical center of the rotated part of the bracket being lined up with the center of the flat part of the bracket itself. The metal is 1/8" thick by 1" wide steel stock.

- Happy Labor Day,
Jocko
Attached Images

Last edited by jocko; 09-05-2010 at 12:52 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote