View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 02:04 AM   #8
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Tandem Lock indicator no more - now it's a Parking Brake light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
markeb01, i used the existing Tandem Lock red lens, rubbed off the Tandem Lock letters, then printed PARK BRAKE in Calibri 10 font onto a clear mailing label that I got from Staples. Had to experiment with the font and the placement to get it centered. The font matched the original letters on the tandem lock indicator. So, when done, I just placed the Park Brake clear label over the red lens that used to say Tandem Lock. No heat issues as the bulb is at the opposite end of the cardboard light tube, about 3 inches away. Works just like a turn signal lens except the red lens is part of the instrument cluster like the original rather than a green cap for a turn signal.
Thanks for that input as well. I've made a few similar accomplishments on the various signs in my model car dioramas. Very rewarding when you can do something for very little money and a bit of time and ingenuity. At this point in time you're probably the only person on the planet with that exact setup, but you've certainly provided inspiration for copies to start popping up.

Last edited by markeb01; 09-06-2010 at 02:06 AM.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote