View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 12:32 AM   #134
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

Here is one of my other posts on the subject of tie rods. However I don't know just what size your original C20 inner tie rods are as compared to the C10 inner tie rods. I wouldn't give up on the '73 spindles just yet....see if they will work with the '63-'70 lower ball joints first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
The guys that use them get them from CPP, ECE and maybe POL. There are ways around buying those. One is to simply upgrade the entire steering linkage to the '73-'87 parts. Another way, but I haven't confirmed this, is to change your inner tierods to the ES2020L tierods. These will mate up with the '73-'87 outer tierods with the '73-'87 adjusting sleeve. But like I said, I haven't confirmed that those inners will fit the taper in the '63-'70 draglink.
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_1966_GMC View Post
then it would of been best to just find some 88-98 spindles or am i still ok with the 73's i got today, just have to try diffrent lower ball joint to see the best fitment.

also i would like some more info on tie rods part i just got done with school and learning collision repair so dont really know the mechaincal repair yet thats why im here to learn from u peeps
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote