View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #4
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

Well I didn't get any progress made on the blazer this weekend because I spent the day picking up the 69' short bed, big block truck! Heres some pics of her.

I got the truck from fellow board member 67Mach1. I don't know who owned it before him but they did alot of short cuts. Not only that they took all of the chrome off and painted it fleet white (Originally Red with white contrast). So basically if you didn't give the truck a closer look it would simply come across as an old no frills fleet truck. The cab is rough but fixable, and the passenger side front fender is a little tattered but overall the body isn't bad.

Unfortunately someone took the original engine out and replaced it with a small block. Fortunately I have all the missing components.

The original red interior is gone, or covered in rattle can black paint! When I pulled the seat belts out they were in like new condition. I can't wait to get all of that old nasty house carpeting out of that cab!

Of course the most important part of the truck; the SPID. Since it is in a deteriorated state I took it off the truck as soon as I gave the money over and it is now staying in a display case in my bedroom. I figured it would be better off there in a climate controlled environment away from the heat and sun.

Hopefully I will be able to get back to the blazer in the next week or so. I would like to have it running by new years. We will see if it is anywhere close to that.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote