View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #276
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Good news/bad news. First the good, I think I found the passenger side fender. I actually found a pair of fenders and a hood, rust free AZ parts. I'll be going to look at them tomorrow, but I'm almost certain I'll be bringing it home. And the bad news, I got the bushings from Summit I was waiting for today, but it was just the 2 top shackle bushings, so I had to order another set for the springs themselves. Let's just say the information and image on their site was not even close to an accurate representation of what they were selling. At least they were in stock and should be here in a few days.

Now I have pretty much all the major parts to put the jimmy back together. Frame patches, bushings for the rear leafs, brackets for shackle swap, new e brake cables, new bushings for transfer case, chassis paint, gas tank, and body mounts/bushings. The body tub is just sitting and waiting to be cleaned up and primered. I have all of the interior parts I need for now, Should have everything for the front clip except the passenger side inner fender, I think I have 2 good doors (might have to cut truck doors, but I have them) tailgate should be here friday, I have 2 good tops to pic from and at least one solid hatch right now. I guess the only things I'm still looking for are the vortec heads and intake for my rebuilt short block and some lifted front leaf springs.

Next week will be a bit busy I think.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 09-23-2010 at 04:32 PM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote