View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #987
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Boss 338 Wheels **GROUP BUY**

There's a real problem with communication between the order desk (the toll-free number we've all been calling) and production and management. The person I quoted above is the head of the allocations department at AEWC and should be the definitive version of what's going on.

I cautiously suggest we be patient for a few more days and resist calling the order desk. I'm pretty sure that we at least played a part in Marcus being fired; he was trying to keep us happy and not getting or giving accurate info. Management there is aware there is a communication problem and are working to fix it, but in the meantime I humbly suggest we back off the order desk people for at least a few more days. Stuff is supposed to be out of chroming early next week and I hope to have more info straight from the top on shipping status (in general). After I have word that stuff is shipping again, then I suppose the order desk is fair game, but until the wheels are done being built there's nothing to be gained by calling the order desk.

I'm sure that sounds strange coming from me, who was breathing down their necks for the past several months, but now that I have a better picture of how things work (or don't work) there I think I'm justified in suggesting a bit of restraint for the time being. It won't help anything to call and no good can come of making more work for those guys before we know for sure the wheels are available again . Fair enough?

Cheers,
Brent

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)

Last edited by brossow; 09-24-2010 at 08:05 PM.