View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 12:15 AM   #277
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

I got a pair of fenders today from a 69 GMC. Found them on craigslist, month old ad, $50 for the pair. Driver side has one dent, not bad, passenger side has a couple dents, but I think I can hammer most of them out. They came with full trim and front eyebrows too. He also has a perfect hood that I'll have to go back for, it wouldn't fit in my car. Another good deal there. It basically needs a scuff and paint.

driver side dent...

pass side dents...

And the new tailgate was delivered. That was $190 total, but I think it was worth more. A couple dents on the inside, almost perfect outside (other than the hideous rattle can paint) and perfectly straight. Only problem is it doesn't say GMC. I can live with that for a while. I'm a fan of T korinek on parts. This was probably my 3rd or 4th buy from him.

So, now I just need the inner fender and some better engine parts. And let's not forget all the little miscelanious things that come up, but the bulk of the stuff is on hand or can be delievered in a few days. This is going to be a pretty nice ride.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 09-25-2010 at 12:19 AM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote