View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 11:40 PM   #299
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Took a day off from the project yesterday, and today I worked on getting the drive train back in. The biggest issue here was getting the new bushings in for the t-case mount to the frame. After a couple tries, I figured it out though.

Finished the day by hooking up the drive shafts.

No major obstacles, but found out the heads I picked won't work out. No accessory holes for mounting the alternator. Also, some of the exhaust seats were fried probably because they were not hardened. So I'm going to return them and keep looking.

I put one on the engine just to have something to mount a header onto. Before tear down I did some mock up on the exhaust kit I got. The pipe from the pass side header didn't seem to fit right, so I played around a bit today with the routing and think I have it figured out. Worst case is that I''ll pull the heads off the old engine, put in some new valve seals and swap them later when I have the vortecs or equivalent I want. I would like to be able to mount the exhaust before the body goes on. I'll work on that tomorrow and get the new gas tank mounted. Depending on time I'll see if I can get the new tub in the driveway.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote