View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 11:54 PM   #15
Travis K

Re: Not so new project 1970 K10

Here are the pix I have of the filler door install. I think I bought it from Hagan Street Rods. If I had to do it again, I think I would cut one off of a salvaged newer Silverado. The filler door is only one thickness of metal on the edges. I am afraid of paint chipping. I don't know much about body work though. If someone can tell me different, please do. If not, I think I am going to add a strip on the back side. I did get some warping above the filler on the bedside. I hate welding on large panels. I even took my time (about 1 1/2 hours) to weld this thing in. I guess I will have to figure out how to fix it after I shave the marker lights. Again, if anyone has any tips on fixing the warpage, let me know. I am teaching myself metal work and body work, so tips from people with experience is always helpful.

On another note, I received my Doug Thorley LS swap headers tonight. I only held them up to the block, but if anyone needs to know, they fit beautifully. Can't wait to bolt them up, and route some exhaust. That will have to wait. I still have a couple weeks of helping my bro in his yard before I get more garage time.

Anyway, here are the pix of the fuel filler install:

Tack Welded:

All welded up:

Used cutoffs from shortening the bed, and my break to fab up an access panel/cover: