View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #312
Daveboyd

Re: Boyd Welding-67-72 Rear Mount Aluminum Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10BUB View Post
I finally got my tank!!! It took over a month and a half, but it is finally here. Just a note to other future group buyers. Plan ahead, because they seem to get pretty backed up during the group buys. Mine took a little longer because Dave said that he overlooked my order. I'm a little disappointed because I requested 1/4" NPT fittings on my tank and it wasn't done, nor did I get a response to my E-mail requesting them. I thought that I may earn a special request since I was so patient with him overlooking my order, but I guess not. Other than that the tank looks great.
I did respond to your email right away. here is the email directly from my sent box on 10-11-10 at 9:32am
---------------------------
Jacob,

Your tank has already been finished and awaiting the EFI system to be installed. You should be able to purchase from any hardware store a 3/8 to 1/4 Reducer bushing.

Thank You,

Dave Boyd / Owner

Boyd Welding LLC
ph: 352-447-2405 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************352-447-2405******end_of_the_skype_highlighting
fax: 352-447-2403

Sent: Friday, October 08, 2010 10:47 PM
To: Dave Boyd
Subject: RE: Jacob Olauson's tank

Dave,

I know I just talked to you today, but I forgot one thing. Since you are building mine late, is there any way to ask for a special request? Rather than having 3/8" NPT fittings for the fuel in/out, can I have 1/4" NPT? I already bought 1/4" NPT fittings for my fuel lines because I swear I read a post from another member saying that you used 1/4" NPT on your tanks. If not, do you have any 90 degree 3/8" NPT to 1/4" NPT adapters available? Also, do you have any plugs for the "drain" on the EFI tank that you could throw in there?

Thanks, Jacob

--- On Fri, 10/8/10, Dave Boyd <daveboyd@boydwelding.com> wrote:

Subject: RE: Jacob Olauson's tank
To: "'Jacob Olauson'" <jacobolauson@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, October 8, 2010, 7:38 AM
Jacob,

I Have researched your order and found an issue. I will call you today to resolve.

Thank You,

Dave Boyd / Owner

Boyd Welding LLC
ph: 352-447-2405
fax: 352-447-2403

Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 6:23 AM
To: daveboyd@boydwelding.com
Subject: Jacob Olauson's tank

Dave,

It says on the thread that all of the group buy tanks shipped yesterday and we should have all received tracking numbers. I didn't get one, so I just wanted confirmation that mine went out as well.

Thanks,

Jacob Olauson

View Our 63-72 C10 Tank options https://fueltankparts.com/collections/63-72-c10-tanks

Boyd Welding Main Site : http://www.boydwelding.com/
Boyd Online Shop: https://fueltankparts.com/
E: Sales@boydwelding.com
Daveboyd is offline   Reply With Quote