Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #163
ajgriffin

Re: Make it handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnolimit View Post
Think about it like this. It takes some amount of force to move anything. - - -thinking - - - -[B]IF[B]the tire will hold traction, the best aceleration would be with no squat. no force being used to compress the suspension, and all available force used to move the truck forward. Lots of squat will add traction, but slows chassis reaction time, because some of the force (hp&torque) is being used by the suspension. It's all a balancing act. Get enough traction to launch, but not waist time compressing the suspension more than you need.
I get it. At first I was thinking you want all the force at the wheels because that's what's going to get you going down the road, but I completely for got that would be the case only IF the tire can hold traction. But the more I think about it, maybe you don't care if it can hold traction....

So in your experience what kind of driving are the anti-squat & -dive numbers good for and how does it feel in the seat?

Last edited by ajgriffin; 10-21-2010 at 03:59 PM.
ajgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote