View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 03:09 AM   #31
foamypirate

Re: Road experiences with imports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super73 View Post
Look, I'm not going to take anything away from the guys that are actually putting it down. I respect anything fast. Will I go out and build one? Probably not. But even my local dirt oval has a 4 banger class now. Why do you think that is? Because the older camaro driving stock class is thining out. Sanctions see the issue and want to keep it alive, so they make new classes.

I can go on about how many slow domestics are out there with their RV cammed motors too. Both sides have their slow cars and there fast ones. For Gods sake, look at us, we are racing trucks
I'm glad there are people in this community like you; I see way too much import hating going on, just like I see domestic hate going on in the import community. It really is a sad thing.

Personally, I own both a modified Honda and my 87' Silverado, and I love them both, but for very different reasons. The Honda is light and tossable, and the Silverado will be the "big power" vehicle.

I'm currently in the middle of a build on my Honda. When I'm done, the 2.2L *naturally aspirated* 4 cylinder will be putting out around 250 crank horsepower. Even at it's current power levels, it's a lot of fun. It actually makes more torque than horsepower right now, so it's a lot of fun off the line. It won't be the fastest thing on the street with the new engine, but it will be a blast to drive.

I don't care if it's a Honda, or a Chevy. If you built it and you enjoy, what more can you ask for? I just think it's silly to bash on someone for their choice of vehicle to mod.

Just for kicks and giggles, here's my stock Honda dyno chart to laugh at. Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I laugh at it too! Hopefully when my truck is finished, everything on this chart will be a multiple of 3 or 4 (except RPMs)!

Last edited by foamypirate; 11-02-2010 at 03:12 AM.
foamypirate is offline   Reply With Quote