View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #10
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: Tell me about your 383 Stroker engines

Speaking mostly from what the cam grinders expect from most of these hydraulic roller profiles Shaun, Well the 'advertised' effective rpm range and the issues I've had with even a hydraulic roller and a rev kit. I've just beat the CRAP out of a cam and roller trying to take the heavy hydraulic roller lifter to 7000. Jay Allen told me the hydraulic roller will take 400 psi of spring pressure and most of the agressive lobes start lifter toss well before the max rpm range with milder springs.

I'm wondering if the 1.7 rocker ratio of the LS motors offer better lifter control than our old Gen-1 small blocks? It only makes sense(in my feeble mind) that with more leverage on one side of the rocker pushing the valve down,, the spring has to 'push back' on the lifter side helping the lifter follow the cam and not bounce? Not sure. What's your thoughts on that?

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote