View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #360
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

The heads were a mixed bag. One was completely good, one has a crack, but repairable. The exhaust seat on the left has a crack at about the 6 o' clock position in this pic. The right exhaust port just has the start of a small one, you can't really see it. They can fix it for about $40. I brought them home so I can clean up some cast flashing in the ports first. I just ordered the rebuild kit for them ($121 with shipping), so the machine shop will have pair of the new valves for test fitting, etc. Overall, not bad for a set of $73 heads.

Too bad winter finally decided to show up. At the same time my propane bottle ran out for the garage heater. By keeping it warm out there this fall, I am able to heat the whole garage with a small electric heater until my gas line is done. It wouldn't do it last year because the cement slab was already colder than freezing.

I had one small fitting leak on the new gas line to the garage. I'll get my new manometer tomorrow so I can test and adjust the heater on natural gas. So hopefully, after tomorrow night I don't have to worry about losing heat out there again.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 11-16-2010 at 08:38 PM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote