View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #62
Cthibo500

Re: Road experiences with imports.

**honest true story, no fish tale** when i was building my truck there was this kid (probably kid dont know what older guy would have a car like that) that would fly by my house in a silver hatchback civic with a can on the back EVERY friday between 5-6.. for about a year i'd hear him go buy and say to myself.. when i get this thing done... he's mine
Well when the time came i was waiting at the edge of my drive way on a friday. It was only 3 days of having the truck and on the road and i heard him comming down the hill next to our house.**you have to understand and see where i live to appreciate this..middle of nowwhere northern Maine** i pulled out into the road and just putted down the road third gear. sure enough the guy pulled right up on me.. keep in mind i was doing 35-40 in a 45 where 60 is the norm.. he flashed his lights a few times, i waited more. after a slight left hander he pulled out to go pass me. I let him get his nose to my door. Then I let the clutch in, punch rev'd it twice (you know to let him know whats up), dropped it into 2nd, dumped the clutch, and let the magic happen. By the time I dumped the clutch we were nose to nose and i just pulled him right around. top of third i was about 3 lenths ahead and by 120 i had about 7 on him. at that point i figured that i proved my point and slowed down. still had about 11/2 mile to go before i could turn around so at the T at the end of the road i stopped and he pulled next to me gave me a respective thumps up and took off left towards town.
I Remeber being so psyched and pumped. then i turned around and headed home, just putting along.. figuring that i just burned probably 6-7 dollars in gas to prove a point.**fast forward a few weeks** I was at a gas station (putting gas in duh) and went inside to go pay. as i was paying low and behold that same civic came pulled on the other side of the single island pump. I remember hurring outside excited to meet my "first kill". Turns out that, that civic wasn't just a little put put one. he had the Si engine along with full stainless exhaust, bigger injectors and (what he said) was a more agressive cam.. we chatted for a bit more and i was on my way.
It was just a cool way to start my "life" with my truck and i figured i'd share it with you guys as my first post isn't really a post more like a book sorry about that.
I also raced a hyundai tiburon once that this kid thought was gods gift to car world and deesssttrrooyyed him, it was awesome.
BUT I've been surprised by a few Cobalt SS's in canada too soo its give and take.
just incase anyone wondered what i'm driving its a 81 2wd stepside, oldish 350 From my fathers old 70 Vette with 2.02 valves (no not an Lt-1) but camed, Edelbrock Intake/Carb. 3.73 gears and (at the time) a M20 Muncie.
Cthibo500 is offline   Reply With Quote