View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 05:18 PM   #76
treveiger

Re: Road experiences with imports.

The 4cyl are a lot more money to build up and maintain than a old school V8 and you can never get the awesome sound the V8s putting out in a 4cyl. I have a friend that bought a 02 WRX and stock it wasnt much faster than my olds intrigue. One night we were just crusing and he was about to launch his car and wasnt paying attention and ending up burning his clutch pretty bad and even in daily driving it was still getting worse so he took it in to replace the clutch and flywheel(cant remember how much it cost but i know it wasnt cheap like these trucks)and decided to get a boost gadge on the car and they dyno tunned it to the most power the motor could handle and they told him to leave it and not mess with it, well long story short he was going to turn down the boost but ended up turning it up instead and blew the motor and so he took it in and they rebuilt the motor and put the cracked heads back on(they told him it wouldnt hurt anything) and sent him on his way well right after he got it fixed he did somthing(wont tell us what till this day)and ended up having his valves kiss his pistion soo he tryed to take it back to the people that rebuilt it but they went out of business so he had to take it to subaru and they tor it apart for $500 and told them they could use parts from his old block and the labor would be $2000 and he had no choice so he said ok and subaru still put the cracked heads back on because he couldnt afford new ones but after forever he finally got it back and was driving it and heard another noise so he decided to take it to another tuner shop that was a bunch of monkeys with wrenches. Well after several months taking to rebuild the motor he got it back without the boost gadge because they put his cracked heads on again and said it wouldnt hurt it if he was nice to it and after a while his turbo was getting weak so he got a bigger turbo and a custom built exhaust and then his injectors werent big enough to handle the turbo so he had to buy new injectors and he finally bought new heads for his car and put them on and dyno tunned his car again and now after all that hes pulling around 350whp and sense it sat for soo long the tranny seal went bad and he went to get it replaced they put it in wrong and it leaked out after a few days so he took it back and finally got everything fixed on it and sense then i havent heard anything else that went wrong with it lol probably i kept telling him he needed a american muscle. Long story i know but it proves you cant beat american muscle. He never told us how much it cost to fix the car but he said with as much money as he has into it he coulda bought a new STI for the same money .

Last edited by treveiger; 12-03-2010 at 05:23 PM.
treveiger is offline   Reply With Quote