View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 10:49 PM   #1860
jkade

Re: Glock's new project: "Fred" w/ 5.3L LS swap info

Glock, do you remember where the speed signal goes? The speedo has 3 inputs if I remember correct. I am putting a LQ9 in a military blazer and I am going to use the 91 cluster I have but I am unsure which pin to put the wire from the computer to. Is that all I need to do once I figure it out for the speedo to work? I know I have to repin my plug to match the 91 and I am switchind to a 91 tcase with the vss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock35ipsc View Post
You will need the cluster from a 90-91 Suburban, Blazer or dually. Those used an electric speedo. The PCM from the LS will have one wire that will go to the new speedo, and the hookup is simple. I had swapped out with a Blazer cluster when I did the swap, but the trip odometer didn't work. I had picked up another speedo with a working trip odometer and it showed fewer miles, but had been putting it off and finally did it today.

So.. I got the "new" speedo installed, and it works, trip odometer too. Also got the other steering wheel on, and I like it MUUUUCH better.

I had to get up in the attic of the shop, and found the new deep trim rings that I originally bought for my 68. So I pulled the OEM shallow ones off and put the new deep ones on. It looks real good, and adds some more shine to it.

Last edited by jkade; 12-07-2010 at 10:52 PM.
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote