View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #85
TopNotchSWB

Re: Road experiences with imports.

Alright so check this out. I am a motorsports guy I love to do it all. From Imports, Muscle Car/Truck, Mud Racers, bikes and everything. A couple years back we built a street Civic that could cruise around and it make 829whp and ran 9.80s at its best on a stock GSR integra tranny c upgraded clutch and transmission handcuff. I got videos of it and check this one out it ran 9.9 on its first pass out. Take a look at the video at the 3:40-3:48 mark, it was a 636 BBC on spray SWB truck that was running all motor, steam rollers, glide, gutted etc etc etc. He got us off the line because of the torque but no one saw what was coming when our Honda hit 3rd gear.

Dyno Video on C16

Video of our Honda on Pinks Turbo Episode

Street Civic Coupe on an SC61, pump gas, built GSR stock cams, stock tranny and fuel system, made 510whp maxing out the fuel supply.

Our S10 AKA "Rat Poison II" running on spray and some on motor, its best was 9.01 on 10.5's
PS: That truck was on steam rollers, gutted, plexi windows, a Merlin block and so much spray it wasn't even funny, it made close to 1100 HP. Ours was a 421 SBC on 250 shot street on 10.5s full interior and small system.
Mustang ran 9.30s on 150 shot
http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s...vslskiller.mp4

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=488a974c.mp4

Bike goes 8's on spray 9.1 on motor

All and all I love it all and there is nothing like an built anything that makes good HP. Just don't under estimate the capability of an import. Now don't start to hate, I am showing both sides of the spectrum I just got to defend the imports a little bit because, well they have a little piece of my heart. But the rest is taken up by muscle.

Here is the last example
Chris Miller from NRG Tech

Not bad for wrong wheel drive huh?

Also this crazy AWD talon....he will run from a muslce car from dig
TopNotchSWB is offline   Reply With Quote