View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #95
GMR-PERFORMANCE

Re: Road experiences with imports.

I build Harleys for a lving so the rice rocket bikes are not what you would my thing. However I think that if we put blinders on and say well if it is not USA made then it sucks we are the loser at the end.

There is so many cool things going on out there with custom engiens, body work, what ever.. It is a passion to customize our rides. Think group hug

I can look at something and say wow that is over the top and would never own it , however the amount of work to get there is what I look at.. Hell I can say that I think the guys with the air bagged truck on the ground are stupid.. well really it is not my thing but for some it is.. Different strokes for different folks.

Even so it is a ton of work to get "our" rides to the point where we want them.. I wish I had grafted in 350Z door handles on my truck.. well that is a import part cant do that.. ha ha Kinda like rat rod bikes same thing you use what you have, the brand name does not matter..

Look up a supra engine they make mad power and are way over built. Easy to make 650 hp on them with stock internals, Local guy has one, it is making 700 on the engine and over 1200 with the full spray.. with stock crank and rods!!!! Gotta give credit where credit is due. Would I own one... nope not a chance but I would still sit and watch one make a blistering 1/4 mile pass and smile about it..
GMR-PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote